Thursday 8 April 2010

.. and it's goodbye from him ..

Like many of those working their way through this programme I already knew a little of what I was introduced to, but not a great deal. It has been a steep learning curve, but an enjoyable one, and has made me think of just how these individual tools might be used profitably in our college context. I also think that even if librarians decide not to implement most of the 'things' they should, at the very least, be aware of what is out there. I've enjoyed reading how other libraries in Oxford have adapted the technology to fit with their users, the story of successes, and of those things that haven't taken off.

I've found pretty much found all of the course was absorbing. ThinkOffice fell a bit flat, and LinkedIn was straightforward networking, but otherwise I thought the programme was very good. Ease of use and greater familiarity will come with practice. Thanks!

1 comment: